For your upcoming vist to have your tax return(s) prepared by
IRS-certified Tax-Aide counselors, please consider the following:|
- Given the current COVID-19 your taxes will be prepared using a
- Appointments are required for two, short visits
- A 15 minute visit to scan your documents
- When the return is done, a second, short appointment to print
and sign your return.
- Upon arrival for each visit, we require a face covering, a
temperature check, short current-health survey, and completion of a
contact tracing form for the City of Southfield. If you are not feeling well for your
appointment, please do not come in!
- Actual tax preparation will be done virtually using telephone
and/or video call conversations with the preparer and quality reviewer.
you come for your first appointment, please
- Read the first seven documents below (those starting with 00
- Complete and print the next two documents (highlighted in red
- If you cannot print the final documents, the options are:
- Pick up copies of
the two required forms at Southfield Parks and Recreation Monday
through Friday from 9:30 am through 1:30 pm -- drive up to the
short term parking by the Parks and Recreation entrance, dial 248.796.4650, and the documents will
be brought to your car. At the moment and to at least April 5th the
Southfield Civic Center is closed to the public with the exception of
appointments for taxes and COVID vaccinations.
- Come to your appointment a half hour early to pick up the
the entrance for tax preparation and fill out the required forms in
- The remainder of the documents will be filled out during your
scanning visit as necessary.
- During the preparation and review phases, you will be called at
- The number will likely display as (617)675-4444
- Your caller ID, depending on your provider, could display
- Google Meet
- SPAM? Google Me
- Boston, MA
- Please be sure to answer your phone! You can return the
call using the PIN left in the message but only while the caller is
- If you have not heard from us for a few days, you can email us
. We need to stay in touch.
- The quality reviewer will call to go over the completed return
and then make your appointment to receive your completed return and
sign IRS Form 8798 allowing your return to be efiled (the only
exceptions to efiling are when IRS requires a paper copy be